The Nomination period is now open!
Scroll down for the official HSA election nomination kit, including rules, regulations, and a description of each position available.
NB: All candidates should familiarise themselves with the AUS Electorial By-laws (also below)
Departmental Election Dates:
Nomination Period for Executive Positions: Wednesday Feb 22nd to Monday March 19th
All-candidates meeting in Arts Lounge at 6pm: Monday March 19th
Campaign Period: Monday March 19th – Wednesday March 28th
Polling Period: Thursday March 29thth – Wednesday April 4th
Elections Announcements: Through department heads after polling period is complete
GENERAL POSITION’S INFORMATION
The HSA encourages all interested candidates to contact the outgoing executives to learn more about the duties and responsibilities of each position. For a full list of the executives and their contact info, please see out Contact page.
• Co-ordinate and supervise the affairs of the HSA.
• Monitor progress in all policy and project areas in a consistent but non-intrusive manner
• Coordinate with other departmental-, faculty-, or university-level student societies to lobby for changes that advance the interests of HSA members and to organize events of common interest.
• Be a signatory, along with VP Finance, on all financial matters.
• Attend departmental faculty meetings as a student representative and be a student-faculty liaison.
• Assist in coordinating and supervising the affairs of the HSA.
• Ensure consistent progress in the various non-academic eventswithin the HSA.
• Be the representative of the HSA at the Arts Undergraduate Society’s Council meetings.
• Sit on one AUS committee.
• Represent the HSA within the larger McGill and Montreal communities.
• Be responsible for all educational and curricular concerns of the HSA.
• Advise the Executive on all financial matters of the HSA.
• Prepare and administer the budget of the HSA.
• Be a co-signatory for all financial powers.
• Maintain the HSA website, social media, and the HSA listserv system.
• Search out and maintain new opportunities and methods of increasing the visibility of the HSA; of encouraging the participation of the membership in HSA activities; and of promoting the attendance of HSA members in general.
• Remain available to aid in the communications and promotions aspects of the various HSA events.
• Maintain minutes and attendance of all general and executive meetings.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NOMINATION KIT: HSA ELECTIONS NOMINATION KIT 2012
CLICK HERE FOR THE ELECTORAL BYLAWS: 2012 AUS Electoral By-Laws